Miami Spice 2017: Our Contributors 20 BEST SPICE BITES
UPDATE: Due to Hurricane Irma's visit, the GMCVB has extended Miami Spice thru October. Please check listings as not every restaurant has chosen to participate.
Every August and September, the Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau organizes Miami Spice…two months of specially priced 3 course prix fixe menus designed to encourage locals and visitors to try new places or visit favorites for both lunch and dinner. Priced at $23 for lunch/brunch and $39 for dinner, many of these menus are not only a good value, but for many chefs a chance to create unique and enticing menus and attract new customers and reward the loyal ones.
Miami Spice 2017 includes over 265 restaurants from Miami Beach, Miami, Coral Gables, Wynwood, Edgewater, MiMo and beyond. Over 40 are new to 2017!.
There are so many options, that we at MIAbites put our "forks" together to compile a list of 20 of our favorite Miami Spice options.
But, first some Spice Advice: Questions to ask yourself...
1. Is this really a deal? Could I eat at the same restaurant any time of year ordering whatever I wanted from the regular menu for the same price or maybe less?
2. Is the Miami Spice menu interesting? Does it include unique dishes that are not on the regular menu? Or is it the cop-out cheapo salmon, chicken and short rib offering?
3. Is this a new restaurant I've been meaning to try?
As always, check menus and restrictions at ILoveMiamiSpice as some restaurants only participate for lunch or not on weekends. Some are even offering a Miami Spice brunch. Reservations are definitely suggested, as everyone wants in on the action.
Our MIAbites Contributors Best Spice Bites and links to their Miami Spice pages are as follows (in alphabetical order) with special mention to Byblos, La Mar, Mignonette, Hakkasan and Zuma which showed up on multiple contributors lists:
- 27 Restaurant- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/27-restaurant/116723
- Ariete- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/ariete/119213
- BRAVA by Brad Kilgore- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/brava-by-brad-kilgore/117185
- Byblos- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/byblos/117072
- Bird & Bone- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/bird-and-bone/121628
- Fi'lia by Michael Schwartz- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/filia-by-michael-schwartz/120246
- The Forge- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/the-forge/101083
- Hakkasan- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/hakkasan-at-fontainebleau-miami-beach/105563
- KYU- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/kyu/119216
- La Mar- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/la-mar-by-gaston-acurio/102542
- Los Fuegos- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/los-fuegos-by-francis-mallmann-faena-miami-beach/119549
- Makoto- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/makoto/109262
- Mignonette DT and Uptown- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/mignonette-downtown/119653
- Milos- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/estiatorio-milos-by-costas-spiliadis/111013
- PAO by Paul Qui- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/pao-by-paul-qui-faena-miami-beach/118695
- Scarpetta- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/scarpetta-at-fontainebleau-miami-beach/105562
- StripSteak by Michael Mina- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/stripsteak-by-michael-mina-at-fontainebleau-miami-beach/117122
- TALDE- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/talde-miami-beach/118064
- Upland- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/upland/120573
- Zuma- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/restaurant/zuma/105265
Support our local and talented chefs and restaurants, by visiting participating restaurants during Miami Spice 2017.