Coral Gables Hosts First Ever Culinary Month in Addition to Beloved Restaurant Week
Starting June 4th, the Business Improvement District (BID) of Coral Gables will be launching the first-ever Coral Gables Culinary Month. An expansion of the BID’s signature dining promotion Coral Gables Restaurant Week, Culinary Month promises 30 days of exclusive, interactive and mouthwatering events, promotions, special menus, chef demonstrations and more. Several special events will also be taking place over the course of the month.
Restaurants participating in Coral Gables Restaurant Week include: newcomers Mara Basque Cuisine and Sushi Club, as well as classic favorites Ortanique on the Mile, Bulla Gastrobar, Christy’s Restaurant, La Dorada, Swine Southern Table & Bar, MesaMar Seafood Table, Divino Ceviche, Cibo Wine Bar, Zucca, La Taberna Giralda and more — check out the full list here.
Here are few events you won’t want to miss:
Wine Pairing Dinner at Bellmónt - Tickets: $36
On Thursday, June 14 at 7:00 p.m. head to Bellmónt to indulge your palates with a unique Wine Pairing Dinner. Come hungry because we’ll serve a Four-Course Prix-Fixed meal perfectly paired with Three Tempranillo wines from Rioja, Spain: Eduardo Garrido Crianza, Reserva, and Gran Reserva. Meet Amelia Garrido, founder’s granddaughter and the third generation of a traditional family winemaking.
Free Coffee Cuppings at Café Grumpy
Join Café Grumpy for a free coffee tasting! Enjoy 4-6 selections from the shop’s menu as you sniff aromas, slurp coffee and talk about what you taste in each cup! Learn to identify different flavor profiles inherent in coffees from countries like Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador and Burundi. Guests will come away with a new appreciation for coffee and understanding of why you might prefer one coffee over another.
Each Coffee Cupping session is one hour long and FREE to attend.
- Saturday, June 9 at 1pm
- Saturday, June 16 at 1pm
- Tuesday, June 19 at 5:30pm
- Tuesday, June 26 at 5:30pm
Wine Tastings at Uvaggio - Tickets $30 - $40
Always wanted to ask questions without feeling embarrassed or belittled? Want to experience wines outside of your comfort zone without dropping cash on full bottles? Come taste with Uvaggio Wine Bar every Saturday in June for Coral Gables Culinary Month. Each wine tasting takes place Saturday between 5pm and 6pm and features a sampling of six wines. Seating is limited so reservations are strongly recommended by calling 305-448-2400.
- Saturday, June 9 – Venice Inspired Wine Tasting: Enjoy a tasting of northern Italian wines, then stroll the streets Downtown Coral Gables and view the artist-painted Venice poles on display in the area; guests will be provided with Coral Gables Venice pole maps ($30)
- Saturday, June 16 – Summer Wines: The heat is on, enjoy a tasting of wines that are the perfect pair for the Miami summer ($30)
- Saturday, June 23 – No tasting (Uvaggio Euphoria Dinner)
- Saturday, June 30 – Picnic Paired Wine Tasting: enjoy wines paired with your favorite picnic foods ($40)
Other special events include:
- An intimate, table-side Chef’s Dinner experience with carefully crafted menus prepared by Coral Gables’ finest chefs
- An exploration of the wine regions of the world without leaving Downtown Coral Gables during a lively Wine Walk
- An exciting panel about Miami’s restaurant scene featuring Sam Gorenstein of My Ceviche, Otto Othman of Pincho Factory, and Abe Ng of Sushi Maki – three of the City Beautiful’s most successful restaurateurs happening June 7th.
- A specially themed Venetian Farm-to-Table dinner by the renowned Chef Allen Susser of the Café at Books & Books
For more information about Coral Gables Culinary Month, check out their website. It's the perfect time to taste your way through Coral Gables!