It's Easter weekend and that means there are sure to be tons of gatherings among family and friends. Whether you're going out or staying in these easy irresistible Easter cookies are always a hit!
I’m all about fun and fancy desserts but sometimes you just need something simple that looks pretty to hit the spot. Easter is tomorrow, which makes this the perfect time to share one of my favorite easy cookie recipes just in case you’re in the mood to whip up something yummy to share instead of overloading yourself with Cadbury eggs (no judgement here) or other chocolaty treats. These M&M cookies are soft and pillowy and look so pretty with the pastel candies. Of course you can make them all year long but I’m partial to the pastel spring colors.
· 1 cup shortening
· 1 cup packed brown sugar
· ½ cup sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 2 ¼ flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 cups M&Ms, save a handful off to the side
· Preheat the oven to 350°F
· Cream together shortening and sugars until they are light and fluffy – I’d say 3-4 minutes, we want them really fluffy because this helps with the airiness of the cookies
· Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined
· Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl and then slowly add to the wet ingredients
· Fold M&Ms into the batter
· Drop tablespoon sized balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
· Gently top each cookie with a few of the extra M&Ms
· Bake for 10-12 minutes
Try to let them cool a little bit before you eat them all, that’s always hit or miss with me – the moment they come out of the oven I’m usually ready to dive in! You can always mix it up and add whatever candies or nuts you have in your house.
The possibilities are endless! Enjoy and happy baking!