Saturday Sweets: National S'mores Day is Coming
Surprise, surprise! There's another silly food themed holiday coming up and we're excited to celebrate. Friday, August 10th is National S'mores Day!
In honor of the gooey chocolaty holiday we're sharing a favorite recipe, spots for s'mores treats and a can't miss event you'll find us at:
Make easy no bake s'mores bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole graham crackers, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- LINE 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan with foil leaving an overhang on two sides. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- HEAT 6 cups marshmallows, butter and salt in large, heavy-duty saucepan over medium- low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until smooth. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup morsels; stir until melted.
- WORKING QUICKLY, stir in graham cracker pieces, remaining 2 cups marshmallows and 3/4 cupmorsels. Spread mixture into prepared baking pan with greased spatula, pressing down lightly. Cool for 2 hours or until set. Lift from pan; peel off foil. Cut into squares with serrated knife.
Cool down with marshmallow covered pops
Stop into Morelia Gourmet Paletas to create your own s'mores paleta. Imagine a chocolate popsicle covered in freshly torched marshmallow cream and graham cracker crumbs.
76 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Get gooey with Night Owl Cookies
Stop by the new Night Owl Cookies location and grab some fresh baked cookies. These baked to order cookies are the perfect way to celebrate the delicious holiday.
10534 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33174
Celebrate with a BYOB chocolate factory tour
Exquisito Chocolates will be offering a special Torch & Tour at 7 p.m. on August 10, and continuing the celebrations on Saturday, August 11 with tours at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Guests can participate in an interactive factory tour to see how chocolate is made right here in Miami, then have a torched-to-order s’mores flight with marshmallows, cookies and, of course, chocolate made all at the factory. They will be offering the crowd favorite Latin S’mOreo (passionfruit marshmallow and a homemade Oreo cookie), plus a guava marshmallow and debuting a mango marshmallow in honor of mango season.
Plus, all customers who stop by the factory on August 10 or 11 can purchase a Please Sir, May I Have S'more candy bar continue the celebrations at home. Tickets are $24 per person and must be purchased in advance on Eventbrite here, and you're are welcome to bring their own alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks to the Torch & Tour.
2606 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33135