Talk about perfect timing! The holiday entertaining season is upon us and whether you are hosting or attending parties this is the perfect dessert recipe from A Joy Wallace Catering for a delicious Almond Torte with Amarena Cherries.
Almond Torte with Amarena Cherries Mascarpone and Dried Fruit Semifreddo
½ lb Almonds
1 ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp Orange Zest
1 tbsp Lemon Zest
2 tsp Almond Extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a spring form pan.
- Grind the almonds in the food processor until fine.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until smooth, creamy and pale in color. Add zest and almond extract. Finally add the ground almonds.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peak. Fold the egg whites into the almond and yolk mix. Pour into the previously coated spring form pan. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before unmolding the cake.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
1 cup Port Wine
1 cup Amarena Cherries with Syrup
1 Cinnamon Stick
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pot at medium-low heat. Reduce to ½. Reserve.
MASCARPONE AND DRIED FRUIT SEMIFREDDO
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 Vanilla Bean
2 ½tbs Confectioners’ Sugar
5 ea Egg Yolks
½ cup Granulated Sugar
½ cup Mascarpone Cheese
2 tbs Diced dried apricot
2 tbs Chopped Sundried Cherries
2 tbs Currants
- In a mixing bowl pour heavy cream, scraped vanilla beans and powdered sugar. (Can be replaced with Vanilla extract).
- In a mixer with the whisk attachment whisk the cream until stiff. Reserve.
- In another mixer beat egg yolks with sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the mascarpone, making sure to not over mix.
- Fold in the whipped cream and dried fruit.
- Freeze at least 2 hours, best if left overnight
Top Almond Torte with the Amarena Cherry glaze and serve with Mascarpone and Dried Fruit Semifreddo.