Pubbelly Burger Series kicks off with Miami "Guest Chef" Burgers
The Pubbelly Boys kick off the 2nd Annual James Beard Foundation’s Blended Burger Project , which challenges chefs to create a “Better Burger” by blending chopped meat with mushrooms and other healthy ingredients. Chef Mendin brings his creative touch and unique sense of flavor through a menu of specialty burgers served every Wednesday from June 8 to July 27.
Each week the restaurant adds a special burger, created by a series of Miami “guest chefs”, who will appear in the restaurant on their special night.
$1 of all proceeds from the guest burgers will be donated to the James Beard Foundation initiative.
Chef Schedule as follows:
· Wednesday, June 8- Cari Garcia, Blogger, Fatgirl Hedonist
· Wednesday, June 15- DJ Irie with a recipe celebrating DJ Irie Weekend, June 23-25
· Wednesday, June 22- Lee Schrager, Founder of the South Beach Wine & Food Festival will helm the kitchen and personally prepare his SOBEWFF® Burger for customers
· Wednesday, June 29- Geoffrey Anderson and Dianne Rubin, Blogger, Miami Food Pug
· Wednesday, July 6- Bob Drinon, President of Breakthru Beverage Florida
· Wednesday, July 13- Sef Gonzalez, Blogger, Burger Beast
· Wednesday, July 20- Evan Benn, Editor in Chief, INDULGE Magazine
· Wednesday, July 27- Gio Gutierrez, Executive Producer, Chat Chow TV
While not a requirement, a couple of the guest chefs will be creating their burgers following Blended Burger Project guidelines. June 8th, Cari Garcia will top her burger with a cheesy mushroom arancini disk. On June 22nd, Lee Schrager will add finely chopped cremini mushrooms, and July 20th, Evan Benn will add seared foie gras to his 50/50 Waygu and Mushroom burger.
Stop by to sample each of the above Miami "notables" creations or just join the Pubbelly boys to celebrate Blended Burger Month.
1418 20th St.
Miami Beach, FL
305 532 7555
(Press release Information provided and subject to change. Please check ahead for details. )
Photo Credit: Juan Fernando Ayora (@juanfayora).