I don’t know about you, but nothing has ever stopped me from eating raw cookie dough every time I made cookies. We’ve always been told that it’s not safe to eat because of the raw eggs, which makes sense but that’s never been enough to stop me – it’s just so good.
Dough Miami has arrived and they are making it safe for us to devour cookie dough. By omitting the eggs and using a heat-treated flour, they are Miami’s first edible safe to eat raw cookie dough “shop”. The budding business is only three months old and is currently just doing weekend deliveries to select parts of town. With dough as delicious as theirs, I’m pretty sure we will see them in a storefront before we know it.
Tiago and Melissa, a sibling duo, are the ones behind the operation that features six staple flavors and two to three limited edition flavors each week.
The idea was inspired by a trip Tiago took to New York where he discovered the concept and came home knowing Miami needed edible cookie dough. With the help of their spouses, they are cranking out over a hundred 8oz cups of dough a week and delivering them Thursday – Sunday from 8pm to midnight in Kendall, Westchester, and the FIU/Sweetwater area. I’m sad for anyone who doesn’t live within their map because you’re seriously missing out. BUT, you can also find them at the Magic City Casino Food Truck meets that take place on the 3rd Saturday of the month (shout out to our pal Burger Beast for taking a chance on them!) and select months at the Miami Flea.
The six staple flavors are everything you’d want in a bowl of cookie dough – do you see that Nutella one?!
· Original Dough - Classic Dough with Chocolate Chips
· Happy Birthday "Dough" You - Classic dough base with rainbow sprinkles, white and semi-sweet chocolate chips, and vanilla icing
· Dulce "Dough" Leche - Classic dough base with dulce de leche mixed right in with chocolate chips and dulce de leche drizzle right on top
· It's Peanut Butter "Dough" Time - Classic dough base with smooth and creamy peanut butter mixed into the dough. Reese's Pieces, and peanut butter cups for added salty and sweet flavor. A must have for peanut butter fanatics of all ages
· Nutella Heaven - Classic dough base with Nutella mixed in turning it into a dreamy Nutella dough with chocolate sprinkles and chocolate chips cover the top
· S'more Dough, Please! - Classic dough base with semi-sweet chocolate mixed in to the batter making this base a rich, chocolaty, mouthwatering dough. To top it off, chocolate chips, graham crackers, and mini marshmallows are tumbled evenly across the dough.
Limited edition flavors have included Kit Kats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, and even a Brigadeiro flavor. So far I’ve tried the Happy Birthday, the S’mores, and the Peanut Butter. I can vouch, they are addicting. They are made to last two weeks in the refrigerator or four months in the freezer, although I don’t know how they could possibly last more than a couple days without being finished – they are just that good!
The 8oz cups run between $6 to $9 each and a minimum of 3 are required for delivery. Orders can be placed online at www.doughmia.com, where you can also view the delivery map. Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram @doughmiami for updates on flavors and where you can find them.
Let's hope they are so successful we see them soon in all of Miami's neighborhoods.