With the weather getting warmer, we are bound to start looking for new trendy places to cool off and grab a drink. If you’re a fan of Scarpetta, Scott Conant, or The Fontainebleau Hotel, then we’ve found your summer cocktail spot.
Sorso, meaning sip in Italian, is a pop-up specialty cocktail bar located in the front lounge of Scarpetta inside The Fontainebleau Miami Beach. The cocktail lab and infusion bar was introduced during the 2017 Food Network and Cooking Channel South Beach Wine and Food Festival and is here to stay – just until the end of the summer.
The cocktails are extra special, as they are infused in a cold drip cocktail tower. Science geeks take note! TV Personality, Alton Brown would love this. Many are even served in beaker style tumblers. The menu features gorgeous drink options or you can make your own with their long list of infusions and herbs.
Beverage Director, Sy Ali explains that they have sourced the highest quality seasonal herbs, flowers, fruits, nuts and spices to create fresh and uniquely crafted cocktail concoctions. We stopped in to check out Sorso and were delighted with the infused cocktails.
Cocktails brewed in the infusion towers include:
· Garden High Ball – Stoli vodka infused over cucumbers, basil and tomato and finished with Yuzu tonic
· Eye Candy – Woodford Reserve bourbon infused over almonds, vanilla beans and dried apricots, and finished in an orange peel smoked glass with Amaro Montenegro
· En Fuego – Jalapeno-infused Corazón tequila, Sauvignon Blanc, St. Germain, lemon and agave
· True Bleau – Barr Hill gin, grapefruit soda and a pea flower infused ice cube
· Crave – watermelon infused Russian Standard vodka, Aperol, cranberry, lime and mint
· Dime Piece – Herradura tequila infused with pineapple, Cointreau, cilantro lime and house made pineapple shrub
Our personal favorites were the Crave – seriously a dangerous one, it’s the kind of drink that will sneak up on you and the True Bleau – a very pretty version of a Gin & Tonic, but this one has flowers!
If you want to be even more creative, you can make your own mad scientist concoction using house-infused spirits, shrubs and syrups like pineapple-vanilla infused Bacardi rum, orange-infused Campari, house-made pineapple shrub, raspberry-grapefruit syrup, lemon-ginger syrup and more.
Of course you can’t have cocktails without snacks! Sorso has its own bar menu of snacks and a few light bites including, Scarpetta Stromboli with caponata, spiced almonds, wild mushroom arancini with truffle oil, and an Antipasti Board with selections of salumi and cheese. Snacks and bites range from $6-$18. All cocktails are $17, except at Social Hour – each day from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., during which cocktails are priced at $12.
Sorso will be open from 6 p.m. to close, seven days a week at Scarpetta’s lounge and the adjacent al fresco terrace.
4441 Collins Ave,
Miami Beach, FL 33140