Saturday Sweets: Kid Friendly Classes to Sweeten Up Summer
With the arrival of summer and kids being out of school, there’s always the struggle of figuring out how to keep them busy. Miami is full of different summer camp options, but not all kids want to run around outside and sometimes parents are just looking for a fun afternoon activity to just mix up the day. For those who want to spend their summer hanging out in the kitchen and making delicious treats, we’ve got options!
From a quick candy making afternoon to a full on baking bootcamp — there’s plenty of ways to let your kids have the sweetest summer yet!
Tween Summer Baking Camp at Sweet Life Cake & Candy Supply
Sweet Life 2018 Summer Tween Baking Camp available for kids ages 8 to 15
Hours: 10am-3pm (including a 45 minute lunch break)
Do your teens have some time on their hands over the summer? Well, get them ready to set the oven to mindblowing and the timer to endless fun as they get to explore the whimsical side of the baking world!
Your teens will enjoy 5 busy baking days, as they learn the fundamentals of the confectionery arts while letting their minds wander and creativity flow through!
The experience is fully hands-on where students explore the secrets of baking and decorating. Each child will receive valuable insights into the baking world from our experienced instructors.
- 2 Tier Fondant Character Cake - Cakes will be pre-baked. Campers will learn to fill, crumb coat, cover with fondant and decorate the cakes with fondant decorations to create their characters.
- You Can Call Me Sweetie Character Cookies - Sandy of @YouCanCallMeSweetie, will teach them all the basics of royal icing to create their adorable character cookies! Sugar cookies will be baked from scratch with students and each camper will have a recipe take home the last day of camp.
- Character Cake Pops and Character Chocolate Covered Oreos - Campers will learn how to make their own cake pop dough, roll, dip, and decorate their character cake pops. Campers will use chocolate covered Oreo molds to create their Oreos and will decorate with fondant and chocolate to create their character Oreos.
- Cupcakes and Character Toppers - Campers will bake a cupcake recipe from scratch. Each camper will have 6 cupcakes to decorate and will create 6 character cupcake toppers to decorate their cupcakes.
- Mad Scientist Day - Campers will be separated into teams and given secret ingredients and decorations with a limited amount of time to be creative. They will be making their very own recipe, baking their own cupcakes, creating a stand, and presenting their finished product! The theme will be announced on the day of.
All materials and lunch are provided. Registering more than one kid? Use the code: SIBLING for 10% off.
Interested? Sign up here.
Fontainebleau Family Pastry Class & Kitchen Tour
Hands-on dessert making and tasting for the whole clan. Calling all chefs! Come enjoy everyone's favorite sweet escape where we'll put your culinary creativity to the test. Families get to work side-by-side with our pastry chefs to make delicious delights, and then enjoy it together! You’ll learn techniques to making melt-in-your-mouth treats, but it's up to you to invent your own version of these signature sweets using the kitchen’s tasty array of flavors and mix-ins. Great for your budding baker and expert alike. Each dessert becomes a masterpiece in the making.
Classes are $20 and will take place every Wednesday & Saturday 11 - 11:30 AM. Plan for about 45 minutes.
Space is limited, make sure to reserve your seat at the Concierge Desk located in the Chateau Lobby, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each class is limited to a total of 8 people per tour. Children ages 5 years or older are welcome.
Spun Candy Miami Candy Making Classes
Ever wanted to make your own fancy lollipops? At Spun Candy in Midtown kids can learn how to master this skill. Bring the entire family and take the family class to hone your skills together.
The children’s masterclasses teach kids between the ages of 6 and 12 the science and art behind candy making.
From heating the sugar, mixing the colours and flavours, and rolling and shaping the candy to produce the very finest tasting candy, our awesome and entertaining candy makers will ensure a class your kids won’t forget in a hurry! The class is an hour long and priced at $70 for two children whilst parents can watch and take photos. Extra children cost $35 per child.
Fun and laughter for all the family, a great way to spend time together and learn a new craft at the same time.
There is no sweeter way to get the family together. Work as a family to create and design delicious tasting lollipops. The class is 90 minutes long and priced at $150 for two adults and two children. Extra adults are $60 and Children are $25. A great occasion for all the family to cherish.