Miami Nibble: Chef Pirolo's Paninos, Faena July 4th, Fontainebleau Summer Events and more
Each week, MIAbites presents the Weekly Nibble, featuring curated foodie events in and around Miami for upcoming weeks. All listings are subject to change, so always check ahead to confirm details, prices and times.
Sunday June 26th- Last Chance to take advantage of the Downtown Coral Gables 9th Annual Coral Gables Restaurant Week which ends June 26th. Prix Fixe 3 course lunch and dinners include new restaurants and new unique events. Over 40 particpating restaurants up and down the Coral Gables cooridor. To view menus and offers visit http://restaurantweek.shopcoralgables.com/about/
Wednesday June 29th- The Pubbelly Boys continue with their 2nd Annual James Beard Foundation’s Blended Burger Project, which challenges chefs to create a “Better Burger” by blending chopped meat with mushrooms and other healthy ingredients. Chef Mendin brings his creative touch and unique sense of flavor through a menu of specialty burgers served every Wednesday from June 8 to July 27. Each week the restaurant adds a special burger, created by a series of Miami “guest chefs”, who will appear in the restaurant on their special night. This Wednesday, June 29, local blogger, Miami Food Pug, has created the featured burger. $1 of all proceeds from the guest burgers will be donated to the James Beard Foundation initiative. For “guest chef” burger schedule and more info visit MIAbites article: http://www.miabites.com/home/2016/6/5/pubbelly-burger-series-kicks-off-better-burger-project
Wednesday June 29- Friday July 1st- Chef Michael Pirolo of Macchialina is resurrecting his popular panino pop-up this summer for three-days only. Beginning on Wednesday, June 29 thru Friday July1, Macchialina will open its doors from noon to 4PM to serve an exclusive menu of hearty lunch favorites. Delicious starters will include Crispy Pig Ears ($8) with BBQ spices and salsa verde; Pork Belly Croquetas ($8) with chicken liver dipping sauce; and a Cobb Salad. Guests can enjoy an assortment of gourmet paninos including Pirolo’s panino classics such as The Godfather with prosciutto, mortadella, romaine lettuce, oil and vinegar and provolone cheese on a hero roll; and the Meatball Parm will also be available for a limited time. Macchialina 820 Alton Road. Miami Beach. (305) 534-2124
Monday July 4th- Celebrate America’s birthday Faena-style on Independence Day from 11 am to 5pm at Faena Hotel Miami Beach with signature red umbrellas, pristine white sands, crystal blue water and live music by the Spam Allstars – the nine-piece hip hop, Latin, funk, and electronica band. Guests will enjoy an asado at Los Fuegos including four courses from Chef Francis Mallmann’s signature menu, along with unlimited house wines, mimosas and Absolut Elyx bloody marys. Live music from DJs throughout the day will be presented by Absolut Elyx. Activities provided for children from ages 4 - 12 years old. Reserved beach chairs for adults for the day. Tickets are priced at $150 for adults, $55 for children, plus tax and service charge. Tickets https://losfuegosfaenamiami.tocktix.com/#/home
New and Ongoing:
May 30 – September 6, 2016- The Fontainebleau Miami Beach is all about fun in the sun. The legendary hotel is offering an enticing lineup of intimate events and seminars from family pastry classes and a private tour of the property’s pastry kitchen to cigar socials and oceanside painting classes with rosè tastings. The series of events has been specially curated by the hotel’s culinary experts as an opportunity for guests to indulge in all that the multi-faceted Fontainebleau has to offer. These one-of-a-kind experiences will be offered exclusively at La Côte, Scarpetta, Michael Mina 74 and StripSteak by Michael Mina. The Fontainebleau 4441 Collins Ave. Miami Beach. 305-614-4641.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays- Family Pastry Classes/Tour: Kids (and parents) are invited to a behind the scenes tour of Fontainebleau’s pastry shop, Chez Bon Bon along with a sneak peak of the hotel’s pastry kitchen. There, they will work side-by-side with one of Fontainebleau’s award-winning pastry chefs to create their own sweet confections and take home a sweet treat for later. Classes are limited to a total of eight (8) people per tour, children ages five (5) years or older are welcome and must be accompanied by an adult. $15 per guest | Wednesdays and Saturdays | 11 a.m. – 11:45 a.m
- Mondays- Bubble Battles – Learn about and enjoy different bubbly varietals – champagne, prosecco, cava, sekt and sparkling wine tastings overlooking the Atlantic ocean at La Côte, Fontainebleau’s Mediterranean inspired restaurant | 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. | $25 per person
- Tuesdays- A Little Italy – Take part in a curated Italian wine seminar and sample vintages from Italy’s wine regions at Scott Conant’s award-winning restaurant, Scarpetta | 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. | $25 per person
- Wednesdays- School Your Spirit – Let Michael Mina 74’s talented mixologists teach you the art of craft cocktails. Learn the ins and outs of what it takes to make a great libation and even bottle your own personal blend to take home | 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. | $25 per person
- Thursdays- Painting With a Twist – Enjoy an al fresco painting lesson supplemented with a rosé wine tasting and light bites alongside panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean at La Côte | 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. | $50 per person
- Cigar Social – Venture to Fontainebleau’s critically acclaimed steakhouse, StripSteak by Michael Mina for a cigar and beverage pairing on the restaurant’s terrace | 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. | $25 per person *includes one cigar and one featured beverage. For more information on summer events, visit fontainebleau.com/summer or call 800-548-8886. Summer events will run from May 30 – September 6, 2016 and can be reserved by calling the concierge desk at 305-614-4641. Space is limited; reservations are required.
Ongoing from June 15- July 30th dinner service- Chef Daniel Boulud’s New York restaurant, Boulud Sud, will pop up at db Bistro Moderne Miami this summer, offering Boulud Sud’s exciting Mediterranean menu featuring flavors from France’s Côte d’Azur, Spain, Italy, Greece, North Africa and Turkey. From June 15 through July 30, Executive Chef Clark Bowen will recreate several fan favorites from Chef Boulud’s popular Lincoln Center dining destination. To complement the Mediterranean theme, the restaurant will also offer half price bottles of rosé on Mondays and Tuesdays. db Bistro Moderne Miami 255 Biscayne Boulevard Way. Miami FL.
Ongoing Wednesdays- Set within the illustrious walls of the former Versace mansion, Gianni’s at The Villa, Casa Casuarina launches “Wine Lovers Wednesday” summer cocktail program. Every Wednesday, patrons can venture to Miami’s landmark property on Ocean Drive to experience a night of live entertainment coupled with discounts on various wine selections. Options on the “Wine Lovers” list include half off Louis Roederer Brut “Premier” Reims -- $60 ($120), white wines such as Jerman Pino Grigio -- $45 ($95) and William Fevre Chablis -- $40 ($80), and red wines including “Versace” Nero D’avola -- $45 ($95) and Stag’s Leap ‘Hands of Time’ Blend -- $55 ($110). Guests can enjoy sounds of an acoustic guitarist al fresco while reveling in Gianni's at The Villa’s dreamy ambience. A complimentary welcome glass of house champagne will also be available upon arrival. For more information on Gianni’s, visit http://vmmiamibeach.com/restaurant/ or call 786-485-2200.
Dolce Italian at The Gale South Beach has expanded its successful happy hour Monday- Sunday 4-8 pm in time for summer with new thirst quenching cocktails. The innovative cocktails ($8) include the Cucumber Dutch Mule mixed with Ketel One Citroen, cucumber, lime juice and ginger beer as well as the Barrel Aged Negroni composed of Tangueray Malacca Gin, Campari and Cocchi Torino. Guests can enjoy the handcrafted cocktails with a selection of delicious appetizers including the new Marinated Salmon Tartare and Focaccina served daily from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. for $8. Dolce Italian at The Gale South Beach 1690 Collins Avenue Miami Beach, FL 33139.
( Information provided by various sources and subject to change. Please confirm all details beforehand and make reservations as necessary )