Wellness Wednesday: Zucchini Crust Pizza Recipe
Tired of Cauliflower pizza? Wellness Wednesday on MIAbites features a Zucchini Crust Pizza which is the perfect way to use up that fresh zucchini! It’s a healthier and delicious low carb option that the entire family will go crazy for. Thanks to The Recipe Critic and Alyssa Rivers for sharing this delicious recipe.
Prep time- 10 minutes
Cook time- 13 minutes
Total time- 23 minutes
· 2½ cups zucchini, squeezed dry and liquid removed
· 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
· ¼ cup flour
· 1½ teaspoons salt
· ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
· ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
· ¼ cup pizza sauce
· 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
· ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
· ¼ cup pepperoni
· ¼ cup sliced olives
· ½ cup sliced mushrooms
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· fresh chopped basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add zucchini, eggs, flour, and salt and mix. Add parmesan and mozzarella cheese and mix until incorporated. On a 12-inch pizza dish, spread zucchini crust into a 10-inch circle. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown and set.
2. Remove the crust from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees. Add pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings to the zucchini crust. Sprinkle with oregano and bake for 10-13 minutes more until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with freshly chopped basil if desired.
For more recipes follow The Recipe Critic at https://therecipecritic.com/